Saturday, March 22, 2008

From this day on

Our lives are officially a lot crazier now. Today we brought home Molly and Cooper :) Getting them home was uneventful as was most of the day. They've all three had only mediocre feedings today but I'm confident they'll be back up to speed soon. We learned quickly that feeding all three at the same time may not be as simple as we hoped. Monday, with me here all by myself, ought to be very interesting.

The one thing we really have to work on is the breastfeeding. I've been pumping all this time and just started really working on latching with Emily this week. She's doing pretty fair with it. Molly has had one good nursing session earlier in the week but because she is the poorest feeder, I haven't wanted to use up her energy by working on it too much. Cooper is just not having it, however. We'll see how much I'm really able to concentrate on breastfeeding when I'm handling all the day feeds by myself.

So it's likely that my updates from here on out will be few and far between. Not that they are not remarkably easy babies, but just the sheer time involved in round the clock feedings and changing for three will be suck all the energy out of me.

PS I got my hair done today and I'm fitting into my old clothes, so for the moment, I look less like I just had triplets and am the mother of six, and more like one hot momma, LOL :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on all three being home. I can't wait to see pictures. Good luck setting into a routine I'm sure you will do fine.

Brandi said...

Congrats! How fun your life is about to get! LOL! Can't wait to see more pics!

Trish said...

Congrats on getting to all 3 home!

I read your other post about your gallbladder problems. 4 days after having Tyler I had emergancy gallbladder surgery. If you have any questions send me a pm on Scrap Space.