As we speak, there is a contract upstairs printing that I just received via email. Yeah!
So, I talked about the great interview I'd had and how I was going to go through with a couple of others, despite being fairly certain about that job. Well, yesterday I visited that clinic and spent a few hours with the PT getting to know their program. It was great and I left very excited about working for them, called the Supervisor and asked when I might expect an offer. Long story, she wanted me to go another time to visit (the clinic had been VERY slow) when it was busy and then call her, though it still sounded like they wanted to hire me.
So today and I went ahead and went to this other interview, just to follow through with the appointment (this was the one who had been out because his wife had a baby, he'd finally called me). Now this is an only-game-in-town hospital in a rural county, so I honestly wasn't expecting much. I spent the first half hour saying nothing much besides "WOW!". They have a phenomenal program! I just can't even begin to relate all of the great things they have to offer, the ways they are growing, and the likability of the staff. I spent 4 hours with the director! I've never had an interview quite like it. I told him that I'd been ready to accept another position but that he had totally turned my head. I left with the understanding that he was sending out an offer letter and that I was ready to start on Monday. I had several hours of nail-biting (ack! what if he'd changed his mind!?!) until it finally arrived in my inbox.
I am nervous and excited. Nervous because it is a new place, new people, and different practice arena (I'll be doing outpatient orthopedics/sports medicine-like versus the pediatrics or hospital work that I've had experience in) and excited for all of the same reasons. I've been hoping to find a career "home" that I can and want to stay at for years to come and I hope, hope, hope that this is it.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi, Christy! Just thought I'd come over and see what's happening on this side of blogland :)
Congrats on the babies and on the new job, and to Scott for starting his new job, too!
Christy,
That is Awesome! I am so happy for you! I hope it is everything you want and more. Welcome back to the land of the working mother, it sucks but it is what it is.!!
Lots of Love
Darci
How fabulous! No one wants to work (that's why it's a four-letter-word) but it's a lot nicer when ya like the job. Congrats!
ky
Good Morning O'Bryant Bunch!!!
First,
Christy, congrats!!! God is good!!! We give Him all the praise and glory for His blessings upon you and Scott and the kids! This new job sounds wonderful and the excitement in your voice is contagious!! I'm excited for you!! We love you!
Second,
I left a comment concerning the twins and forgot to post on my beautiful neice James, so here it goes. Kenny and I had the priveledge of having her stay with us 3 nights last week and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sure we are pretty boring to her but she is very special to us. She enjoyed her lazy days while we were at work and we all enjoyed our evening fellowship with each other. She helped me cook spaghetti and she tossed the salad and buttered the toast. It was yum!! She would have helped me can peppers later that evening but I don't use gloves and I didn't want her to get any in her eyes. She did comment on how bad the vinegar smelled and she was right. hahahaha We love you James!!!
Third,
QOTD....last night the twins went to church with us and stayed the night. I picked them up after I got off work and when we arrived home Caleb was painting. Hunter asked what he was doing and after Caleb told him, Hunter decided Caleb's new nickname was "Mr. Masterpeice." Well, we went to church and came home and started playing "go fish." While playing Caleb looked at Hannah and said something like "hey cutie pie, your turn," and Hunter looked at Caleb with his big doe eyes and with this breathless reply said...."Your Awesome". Caleb took them into his room and spent about 2 hours with them playing playstation. Needless to say they were stuck to Calebs hip the rest of the night. I finally had to go in there at 11:00 and tell them it was bed time. It was Godmazing to see these 3 interact. Caleb is 18 and he was so gentle and sweet with his cousins. Caleb, you are amazing!!!
Till next time....kiss those babies for us, we love you all!!
Post a Comment