(Quote of the Day, that is)
All of the bigs are at their grandparents in Mississippi this week. Yesterday, their aunts took them to the water park, the twins first time to go, and Jamie's third just this summer! As per their report, a good time was had by all. Apparently though, Hunter had a run-in with another kiddo that resulted in his getting a goose egg on his forehead.
Hunter: I didn't like it one bit.
Mommy: What, the water park?
H: NO! Getting a Boo Boo!!
We packed church clothes for them with the understanding that they would be going today. This morning we talked to them and Hunter said they weren't going to church, then Hannah insisted they were.
Mommy to Hannah: But Hunter said you are not going to church.
Hannah: Well, I'll just have to talk to Hunter about that. (I can just picture her little hand-on-her-hip pose)
Recently we were watching A Wrinkle in Time, a not-real-great movie version of a favorite children's book. It's very science fiction-y and I spent a lot of the time trying to explain that they were travelling to make-believe planets, etc.
Hunter: That can't really happen, can it, Mommy?
Hannah (puts her hand to her mouth, leans across to him, and says conspiratorally): You never know what is in your future.
This is a really old one, but I have to record it, because we still refer to it often. This was a day when I was still in the hospital and DiDi was picking the twins up from school every day. They had a lot of coversations about what they might do or be when they grow up. Their was some reference to Hannah having a job/career.
Hannah: Well, I'm not going to live my life with just a husband and a weinee dog!
Golly, them kiddos just crack me up!!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey O'Bryant Bunch,
I just have to share a QOTD with you. Kenny and I were blessed to have the twins last night, and we did all go to church and they were great.
When we got home they helped me fill up the bird feeders and we chased a couple of cats and as we were walking up the back steps Hunter said "Wow, look at that big spider web." And I said, "That's nothing, look at this one." And Hannah said, "Aunt Debbie, when's the last time you dusted!!!" I laughed so hard!!
Needless to say I got the broom and went out side and started to knock a few down. They were just marvelous all night, thanks you two for letting them visit!!! We love you all!!
Post a Comment