Monday, December 31, 2007

Stable and Growing

I had an earrrrrrrrrrrrly a.m. sonogram this morning. Apparently they usually do them at 7:30 am, but since I arrived during a holiday weekend, the schedule got all screwed up and every scan I've gotten has been "Oops, we forgot her" so they run back over here for me. I was not supposed to be scanned today, but when the doctor and nurse were asked who WAS scheduled, they still didn't know where to put me so in I went. Apparently all of this will be straightened out after the holidays are over, and I will have regular dates and times for my sonograms.

Today, the doctor was in a better mood, lol, so he was his usual informative self as he was looking around. He measured each of the babies (we do this every 2-3 weeks) and they are estimated at 1 lb 8 oz, 1 lb 9 oz, and 1 lb 10 oz. He said their heartbeats all look good, fluid levels all good etc. Babies A and B are still next to each other, at the bottom, head down; Baby C is still floating around on top (sideways), like a little princess, on top of the world (that's how I picture her :) ).

Speaking of their size though, I STILL have not gained weight! I'm only 3 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight, and I've been there for 4-5 weeks now. Since I lost about 15 early on with nausea, etc, that puts me at about 18 lbs gain (funny thing is, about 4 lbs of that was the fluid they put back in after a particularly bad few days put me in the ER with dehydration early on). None of the doctors seem concerned. They say as long as the babies are growing, all is well. I guess these little boogers are just sucking up everything I eat.

He did measure my cervix as well, and we held steady at 1.7 cm, same as last Friday, so that's good. As long as we aren't shortening, they're fine with it.

So, it's nice to have some good news, eh?

Thanks everyone for your continued prayers and good thoughts. I truly believe it is, and will continue to make a difference.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm so glad y'all are doing good! As long as those little ones are sucking up everything you eat, any extra weight will go right out with them when they are born! I was expecting Drew to weigh 40 pounds! LOL!

Trish said...

I am glad to hear all is well!

Mary Rogers said...

I have been thinking about you Christy! I am so glad things seem to be stabalizing!!

hugs,