Anyone who spends any time with me knows that I am so not a name-brand snob. In fact, I'm a cheap snob. Er, anyway.... I am all about a bargain. If it comes in generic, that is probably the only way I buy it (with very few exceptions, because Blue Bell ice cream has no match, despite it's lofty price).
The trio are starting to get a little rich for my blood, however.
1) Specialty formula - it could be worse; I've seen cans for upwards of $25, and theirs is only $16. Still, no generic substitutions for this crowd, no sirree. And the uber-perfect and FREE mother's milk? Eh, they could take it or leave it, and generally tend to leave it. This is the second time in my life I've been really grateful for WIC.
2) Diapers - I literally have a closet FULL of every brand of diapers (Continued thanks to all who have gifted these as I am using up almost a pack a day). We've used up all the preemie ones and have moved on to Newborn. In the hospital, they used Pampers. Since we've been home, we've used almost exclusively Huggies, with the odd Luvs thrown in. But yesterday I found a pack of Pampers Newborn. Heaven! I didn't think it made much difference but they are vastly different. Now, I will never poo-poo a free diaper (Ha! Ha! I'm clever at this hour of the a.m.), but man, I'm thinking hard about seeing if Wally World will exchange a slew of diapers for me. I don't want to know how much I might lose in price difference though. Ug!
3) Buttpaste (as it is affectionately known in our house) - All of the babies, but Molly especially, have suffered from the most horrendous "diaper rash" I have ever seen. It makes me cry to see it. I first noticed it in the NICU and it has been off and on ever since. It is like open sores on their little behinds. *shudder* We addressed this with the pediatrician the other day. She recommended one of 2 diaper creams because all of the other ones have "extra crap" in them, including alcohols and acids. So, I'm having to throw out the Boudreaux's and the generic Desitin that have always sufficed in exchange for the $7 a tube Aveeno. I have used half a tube in the past 3 days. Yikes! But I love this stuff and it is absolutely working, in combination with the Pampers diapers and Pampers Sensitive wipes, to clear up even Molly's skin.
So, for those of you that have asked what we want and/or need:
Pampers (currently collecting size 1 diapers) - though we honestly will use and be grateful for any brand
Pampers Sensitive wipes refills
Aveeno diaper cream
Bottle liners, 4 oz., Target brand (that fits the Playtex) EDIT: Actually, at the rate that they are increasing the amounts of their feeds, and the number of liners I already have, we need to start stocking up on 8 oz liners instead.
And since I reminded myself about the pedi:
Emily 4 lbs 11 oz
Molly 5 lbs 2 oz
Cooper 5 lbs 12 oz
to the best of my memory. I'll be putting a notebook of some type in the diaper bag to record all of that because I'd forgotten by the time we left the office and got loaded back up on the way home.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Christy when my son was an infant all we could use on his little hine was Aveeno diaper cream we swear by it.
Still need your address please
Darci
I use/used Aveeno too! And we are a Pampers family! They are seriously the only ones I found to work good! Those swaddlers are the best diapers ever! We do use Huggies for the overnights since I can't find any other brand in those.
Post a Comment