Scott says it's my fault. He says they are "my" children and that they are night owls. But hey, I was going to bed by midnight when I was pregnant with them, so it's not as if they've ever been subject to my up-all-night habits. Staying up until 3 and 4 in the morning is only fun if you are going to get to sleep in, NOT if you're going to get back up in 2 hours.
I'm trying a new tactic. I'm making myself go to bed before 10 so that I can sleep a couple of hours before the fun begins. Sure enough, last night, after the 11 o'clock feeding, at about midnight, Scott laid them all in the bed........and none of them went to sleep. So I got back up and was up pretty steadily until 4. That part wasn't bad; since I'd had a little nap, I was feeling ok. The part that sucked was the short sleep until about 6, after which I was NOT ready to get up. But, after that round of feeding, they like to sleep all morning. So, Yes, evil mother of newborns that I am, I don't wake them to feed them. If they wake, we eat; if not, we sleep. So we've been sleeping all morning, and have become lazy bones who stay in bed until 11 or so. Then we spend the day trying to get back on "schedule".
Whatever works.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Christy,
I finally figured this out (How to comment, I am a little slow). I am so excited for you. I could just burst!!!! They are beautiful. I would love to help in some way, can you e-mail me your address and phone number. I am addicted your blog! email me at dgilreath@bellsouth.net
I already have some commitments of some stuff to send you
April 2, 2008 8:06 AM
somehow the words
"lazy bones"
just don't seem to
be appropriate there
Christy.
:o)
hey, WHATEVER works.
Post a Comment