Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle

because...

It is the crying that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends
Somebody started crying it not knowing what it was
And now they just keep crying it on and on just because
It is the crying that never ends....

Our hospital 3 hour, and then much easier, much saner, home 4 hour schedules have gone to shi......er, the dogs. Noone taught them how to tell time apparently. For some God-only-knows reason, Molly wakes up, like clockwork, an hour before feeding time. Now, this would be all fine and good, if she didn't scream like a banshee all night. So I tried holding her off until the next scheduled feeding, except that she started spitting up all the time and the pediatrician says this is because she's getting all worked up and sucking down air with all of that "fretting" so try not to let her "fret". Er, right. Tell her that.

So I decided to try a little demand feeding. Feed the ones that are hungry, then wake the others and make them eat, too, so that they are all on the same schedule, even if that schedule is weird and unpredictable.

How you wanna guess THAT worked out?? I've slept one 2 hour stretch since before midnight. AGAIN. I even woke Scott up to help because it got so out of control. And dangit if Molly AND Emily weren't up after a mere 2 hours! While I was feeding them, Cooper was lying in bed "fretting" so I got him up after the girls were done. And he wouldn't take a drop. Sh.......oot. Now he'll be up in 30 minutes wanting to eat.

I'm a little delirious and hysterical. Of course, now that I've completely given up on sleeping during this calendar day, they're all stone cold out in there.

I give up.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Ok my goodness!!! You have another career if the physical therapy thing doesn't work out...comedy! You should sell your blog it is absolutely hilarious (but at the same oh so serious too!)! Oh how I wish I was closer...I'd take those babies for a night and give you a rest!! I love how their personalities are already comming out...the pictures were absolutely adorable (especially with that huge pacifier in one!!). You still have prayers from Memphis...I had you on a groups prayer list and I sent them all your movie clip! They were all in awe! What do the other kids think? Is Jamie the big sister...what about the twins?

I'm not calling but know I'm thinking of all of you!

Ramsey

Jamie said...

oh Christy- i am just now getting to sleep through the night and i only have one! i hope y'all get it figured out! i would gladly come help if you just want to sleep for a couple of hours...i can't imagine how full your plate is!